25 May Chat GPT: How Best to Use AI for Your Marketing
AI is taking the content marketing world by storm! With the launch of Chat GPT, AI has become more mainstream. Other companies have jumped to integrate AI into their products – Canva, LinkedIn, and Grammarly. And tools abound, giving business owners new ways to utilize this technology for streamlining content creation and ensuring effectiveness like SEO optimization. There are definite pros (and cons) of AI for marketing your business. Learn some of the best ways to use AI for your marketing efforts (and where NOT to use it), including how it can reduce your workload and generate fresh ideas.
A New Tool to Boost Your Marketing
We have previously covered the best tools for marketing your business, and we’re adding Chat GPT to the list. AI is the latest and, supposedly, greatest when it comes to creating content for marketing. One of the main benefits is that it can automate repetitive tasks, freeing up your time for more important work. This can include crafting social media posts, as well as relevant hashtags. You can easily input your website or a specific service page when prompting AI for more relevant content.
Alternatively, it can be used to generate fresh ideas, say for newsletters, emails, and blogs. When you’re churning out a lot of content, whether it be social media or blogs, it can spark your creativity or lend ideas during a bout of writer’s block. All this said, view AI like any other tool. How effective or useful it is will be determined by your knowledge of the tool, including its limitations. You also need to keep your goals at the forefront – some marketing tools are not the best fit for what you are trying to build, no matter how skillful you are in using them. Here are some of the pros and cons that you should keep in mind if you intend to use AI for your marketing.
Pros of AI-Generated Content
- Idea generation – We love Chat GPT’s ability to churn out a large number of ideas in seconds. You will still need to carefully sort through them to find the best and most relevant ideas. However, it can save you a lot of time in terms of research. Try typing in phrases like, “Write 10 SEO-rich blog topic ideas for this business: [insert business or service page]”.
- Better SEO – Did you know that AI pulls from already popular, SEO-optimized content? This is a huge value, especially if you’re lacking ideas as to how to create rich content. You can even ask it for keywords specific to your business; although we still prefer Google Ads keyword planner.
- Outlines – If one of your marketing tactics is long-form blogs, AI can help generate outlines to reduce the amount of work you have to put into drafting content. It can quickly create an outline, including a specific word count, of a blog on any topic. We do recommend being specific about subheadings you already know you want to cover so it can suggest relevant ideas.
- Putting things in layman’s terms – One of the most raved-about pros of AI is how it can break down complex topics into layman’s terms. Just add “explain like I’m 5” to your query, and it will produce content. You can also ask it to simply explain things that you yourself don’t understand or need clarification on, versus hopping over to Google.
Cons of AI-Generated Content
- Plagiarism – We previously mentioned that AI pulls from existing content. This means that there is a risk that it will produce plagiarised content, which could seriously harm your web ranking. At any point that you use AI, we always recommend rewriting it to ensure that it is completely original.
- Wordy & formal – One of the downsides of AI is the voice, as the content is to the point and grammatically correct. Great, if you’re planning to speak at a conference. Less so if you want to create highly engaging content that the average person can understand. Make sure you are putting any AI-generated content through a plugin like Yoast, too. This helps ensure it has a good readability score which is key for SEO.
- Lacks personality – You have worked hard to establish a clear brand and a voice – you want to it woven into your content. This is something that AI struggles to replicate. While you can input style recommendations into your query, as well as ask it to copy the style of a specific piece of content, it won’t be as good as the real deal. Plain and simple, AI cannot replicate authenticity.
While we recommend that you use AI for your marketing, there are some areas where AI-generated content just won’t cut it. If you want to uplevel your marketing, you may be in need of a complete overhaul or a fresh set of eyes. To determine a path that best aligns with your business at present. From brainstorming ideas for quality content to scheduling social media, we have your marketing & SEO covered. Visit our website today to learn more about our marketing partnerships and how our Nashville SEO agency can help you achieve your goals faster!