10 Sep 25 Ideas to Get More Leads and Increase Your Brand Awareness
For a business to grow, it needs more sales. More leads and brand awareness are key to a company increasing its sales and revenue. There are lots of tried and true ways to fill your sales pipeline as well as creative ways to get your name & offering out in the market. Below we are sharing 25 ways to get more leads and increase your brand awareness.
But first… a word of caution.
Make sure your business solves a relevant problem. All the marketing, lead generation and brand awareness in the world will not be effective if you skip this step. The market has to be interested in what you have to offer. Start by answering these 3 key questions. Once you have a unique or needed solution to a relevant problem, it’s time to tackle our list of 25 ways to get more leads and increase your brand awareness.
- Be consistent. This is the MOST important! No matter how well you do the rest of the suggestions below, if you are not consistent in your efforts, your audience won’t trust you. Without trust, your sales will not increase.
- Reach out to past customers. Follow up on their satisfaction with the experience and their purchase. Do they know about your new offering? How can you help their business now?
- Follow-up with past inquiries. Did you know? 80% of leads don’t buy until the 5th interaction making follow-up all the more important.
- Reconnect with your network. We often overlook the people already in our circle. Who can they connect you with? What doors can friends, family or colleagues open for you?
- Upsell booked clients. Do current clients know about all of the services you offer? Letting current clients know you can solve other problems or them is an easy (an often overlooked) way to increase your sales – and further position your business as an expert resource.
- Build Relationships through networking.
- Connect and follow-up 1:1 with people after a group networking event (including online networking).
- Actively look into and participate in online forums and Facebook groups for targeted audiences. Find like-minded people you want to connect with and who resonate with your business and goals.
- Join industry and trade organizations. Be thoughtful to join organizations where you can connect with your ideal audience. For example, a pet photographer may look to connect with veterinarians. What is an organization that you can actively participate in?
- Launch a referral program. Reward people for sending you leads and let people increase brand awareness for you!
- Create more content – Blog, Podcast, Vlog (embrace video!), Webinars are all great examples of anchor content. Specifically target key problems (and keywords) that are relevant to your audience and help build you SEO.
- Repurpose your content. All that anchor content you just created? Share it on other platforms, especially your social media feeds.
- Improve your copywriting. Hire a pro that can up-level your messaging so it is on-brand and truly resonates.
- Use better images. Hire a pro to take branded photos that stand out. Be sure to optimize images before you upload them to your website.
- Use eye-catching graphics. Just like your images, hire a pro to create a cohesive and on-brand graphic or logo. Note: when you hire a pro, do not go to Fiver.com or Upwork and look for the cheapest option. Would you want someone to do that for your business? Paying a fair wage is an important part of being a better business owner.
- Expand your target audience. What other similar or adjacent markets can you serve?
- Create new offers or repackage current offers into smaller, affordable alternatives as a way to serve more people.
- DIY guides & templates
- Write a book (ebook) or create other retail offerings that match your brand.
- Create a Course
- Host an event, workshop or retreat (digital counts).
- Build a sales funnel. How? Learn here!
- Improve your website’s SEO with optimized SEO settings and content creation.
- Ask past clients to leave you an online review.
- Donate your services in exchange for brand awareness. Non-profits can connect you with a whole new audience. Be sure to maximize this opportunity with year-round partnerships vs. a one-off donation.
- Submit your business for local or industry awards. Ask your audience to participate by voting and sharing your company.
- Mail a heartfelt note. Inexpensive and high-impact, using snail mail is a great way to build relationships, stand out from competitors, and showcase your commitment to serving your clients.
- Give clients gifts & branded swag. Fun and useful goodies that show-off your brand, keep your company at the forefront of a customer’s mind.
- Invest in digital advertising & retargeting on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or Google. Be sure to target these ads to your ideal clients and create a sense of urgency & clear call to action.
- Guest posts or interviews. Create a target list and pitch a freebie that will drive readers/listeners to your website. Aim for an email sign-up!
- Invest in advertorials or special publication features like annual must-have lists.
Looking to divide and conquer when it comes to increasing the brand awareness of your business? Learn how you can outsource these tasks in your business by grabbing our FREE Guide to Outsourcing by signing up below. Or we can help with custom solutions and implementation by getting in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.